HB 525 effective July 1, 2009, sets forth the guidelines for document preparation as follows:
- Computer font size of at least ten point
- The minimum paper size is 8 ½ x 11 and the maximum size will be 8 ½ x 14
- Black or blue ink ONLY
- No use of highlighting
- Margins of one inch on each side of the page and on the bottom
- Three inch margin on the top of the first page, reserved for Recorder, Auditor, and Engineer
- One and one-half inch margin on the top of each of the remaining pages
If a document does not conform to these guidelines, an additional recording fee of $20.00 will be collected.
This law does not apply to the following:
- Any document from any court or taxing authority;
- Any State or Federal document;
- Any document executed before July 1, 2009.