Geauga County Recorder, Sharon C. Gingerich; Probate/Juvenile Court Judge, Tim Grendell; and local attorneys offer a deed review program called The Good Deeds Program to help Geauga County residents better understand probate issues regarding property transfers.
The Program is a volunteer deed review process for Geauga County homeowners. It is a county-wide effort to help Geauga residents (1) identify whether the form of their present deed will require transfer through the Probate Court upon death; and (2) to consider less expensive and less time-consuming alternatives to a probate transfer.
Our Good Deeds Program Schedule:
- 2019 Good Deeds Program Tentative Dates:
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019 (231 Main Street, Chardon, Courtroom A, second floor of the Annex)
- Wednesday, April 17, 2019 (Gurney Elementary School, South Russell Village)
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019 (Gurney Elementary School, South Russell Village)
- Thursday, June 6, 2019 (231 Main Street, Chardon, Courtroom A, second floor of the Annex)
- Tuesday, July 23, 2019 (Bainbridge ~ Location TBA)
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 (Auburn ~ Location TBA)
- Thursday, November 7, 2019 (Auburn ~ Location TBA)
The presentation will begin at 6:30 p.m.
The Recorder’s Office will not be open for the Programs that are being held in the Annex. You must contact Cheryl Koncler for a reservation to attend any of these events (see contact information below).
When you purchased your home, you received your original deed with your paperwork. If you cannot find your deed, you will be given a copy at the presentation. When you call Cheryl for a reservation, please have the street address of your home or the volume and page of your deed if you want a copy of your deed. The volume and page number can be found on the main page of this website under AVA on-line indexes.
After the presentation, attorneys will be available to privately discuss your estate matters.
Please note: if County Offices are closed due to weather issues, the Program will be cancelled. If the weather is threatening, please call the Court or the Recorder prior to 4:00 p.m. to confirm. See contact information below.
For reservations contact Cheryl Koncler, Geauga County Probate/Juvenile Court at (440) 279-1840 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our pleasure to offer this service to the Residents of Geauga County.
Sharon C. Gingerich, Geauga County Recorder
Timothy J. Grendell, Geauga Probate/Juvenile Judge